Sunday, August 14, 2005

The "ground"


Easy eh?

6 Comments:

Blogger Brigadier Graemon said...

VERY cool! Makes for a very rough terrain feature, like an old lava flow! Very easy from the looks of it! I suspected it would be that easy--just a variation on making model railroad terrain!

Gives me an idea about how to make an alien planet terrain for a sci-fi lay-out.

What didja use for the base piece? Is that cardboard, styrofoam/insulation sheeting, or a wooden frame under all that?

Thanks, Fuzz! Great job! This blogging makes stuff easy to deal with, ya know? Great idea.

8:28 PM  
Blogger fuzzhead said...

Thanks BG, I've always like model railroad layouts too, This method would prolly work good for that.
Yeah an alien planet surface would be cool! especialy for a Trek story.;)
The base is just part of a cardboard box, I keep it simple cause after I'm done I'll just pluck out the plastic trees & throw it away.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Echo Team said...

Throw it AWAY????
Now ain't that a waste of time and energy? Why not make a modular design that you can keep around so ya can rearrange/reuse? Unless this stuff is super cheap, super easy and flimsy when all is said and done? Heck, In the least you can snap loads of pix of these terrains so as to compose photo via the chop method......
ET

1:04 PM  
Blogger fuzzhead said...

"super cheap, super easy and flimsy"

Yeah It is all these things! and I just don't have the room to save them all. however I do keep some.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Echo Team said...

Fuzz, I'd like to see pix of the materials you use in their packaging and tell us where to get the stuff....I may have to give this a shot. I'm particulary unfamilliar with "spray foam." Is this the insulating stuff to be found at Home Depot? or some artsy-fartsy product from an art/craft store. and how much foam can you squeeze out of one can?
ET

10:15 AM  
Blogger fuzzhead said...

Yeah, foam is at a hardware store or Home Depot , The large ground piece took 2 cans.
I spray it in the area I want, then use the nozzle-straw to "sculpt" it.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home